- The New Balk RulePosted 106 days ago
- Should the Nationals Hope for a Winning 2013 Season?Posted 118 days ago
- MLB to Allow Interpreters on Pitcher’s MoundsPosted 120 days ago
Season Preview: American League Central
Opening Day is here and 25-man rosters have been set. It seems as good a time as any to start to preview the upcoming season. For a change of pace, I’m going to run with a bit of a different format this year and view things one division at a time.
We’ll cover each division in no particular order. We started with the NL West and then moved on to the AL West. Then we tackled the NL Central and the NL East. Next came the AL East. Now we’ll finish things up with the AL Central.
Top 5 Moves Since Last Season:
1. Detroit signed first baseman Prince Fielder to a nine year, $214 Million free agent contract.
2. Kansas City agrees to terms with left fielder Alex Gordon on a four year, $37.5 Million extension. The deal includes a player option for the 2016 season, valued at $12.5 Million.
Chicago (None), Cleveland (Lowe), Detroit (Fielder), Kansas City (Sanchez), Minnesota (None)
Chicago (Santos, Carlos Quentin), Cleveland (None), Detroit (None), Kansas City (None), Minnesota (None)
- Kansas City
All Division Team:
Finally, let’s close things out with my pre-2012 All Division Team*. Eligible candidates consist of each team’s projected starter heading into Opening Day. We’ll revisit these lists again once the season concludes.
* Honorable mentions in parentheses.
1B: Prince Fielder (Eric Hosmer)